Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Honorable Mention

...and this is just a thumbnail.
         Yesterday, I recieved an unexpected email from friend and RocketFan Winchell Chung, master of the essential website for hard SF speculation, Atomic Rockets.  He is putting out a new poster of Tom Corbett's ride of choice, the Polaris.  Winch (known on-line as "Nyrath the Nearly Wise") has taken this venerable retro rocket, scraped the zeerust off, and tuned out a set of schematics that are as hard as cider in the back woods.  This rocket poster is definitely worth a second look, and then a third, and can be found here.

         What makes this particular offering from Nyrath so personally gratifying is that he found my Mission Control model for spacecraft crew useful enough to include in this latest iteration of the Polaris.  In fact, if you look hard enough, you can see that he included Blue Max Studio's URL on the poster!  It's funny; when I was starting out on this website, I made extensive mention of Atomic Rockets (and still do), and now, I'm getting my stuff mentioned on that same website, and other products from Chung.  It's the kind of recognition that really makes me feel like I'm doing something right.  That, of course, and all of your comments.

        Speaking of doing something, I need to get back to editing the Pumpkin-Suit's Manual. See you all tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. That is neat. I'm not sure its $21 + shipping neat, but neat nonethelesse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, if you saw the full-sized poster, you'd think it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh. You getting a cut on that?
    Honestly, I'm really tempted to get it and put it up in my office.

    ReplyDelete

Questions, comments, criticisms? All non-Trolls welcome!

Google+